Friday, October 30, 2009

Eva's Birthday Party at School

Today I stepped out of work for a bit to attend Eva's birthday party. It was great to see her in her classroom and to put some faces to the names of kids she so often talks about.

Her teacher had Eva carry a globe as she walked around a candle that represented the sun. At every revolution around "the sun" Dana and I had to tell the class something about Eva when she was 1,2,3,4 and now 5! It actually was a good exercise because the years start to blend together a bit and those milestones that we noted and were so excited about 4 years ago have been kind of forgotten.

Here is Eva with the world in her hands.

Oct30IMG_6876

The class counted to 5 as Eva held this card up.
Oct30IMG_6889

We got to sit in front of the class as the kids took turns asking Eva questions in Spanish of course. Eva would look for some translating help but she always responded in Spanish!
Oct30IMG_6890

I'm not sure what Dana was laughing at but I LOVE her expression. Micah was patiently waiting for his crack at the cake. He kept asking me when we would pray so he could eat the cake.
Oct30IMG_6893

Eva got to choose 3 helpers to serve place mats and the dessert.
Oct30IMG_6903

Oct30IMG_6907

My little princess.
Oct30IMG_6909

She was so proud. I love this photo...
Oct30IMG_6915

Serious concentration.
Oct30IMG_6916

Made it....
Oct30IMG_6919

Dessert has been served.
Oct30IMG_6922

Meanwhile....
I managed to get a couple of pics of Joshua.

Oct30IMG_6895

He's cracking a smile in this photo.

Oct30IMG_6896

2 comments:

Jon Courtney said...

dude these are georgous. Love the photodocumentary style and treatment. You've succeeded in making me feel like I experienced the event. Your kids are adorable. Joshua is so cute.

Jon

Unknown said...

What a great post! I love how her school celebrates b-days. She is beginning to look so grown up. What a precious little girl you have. We love Eva! Happy Birthday, E!

Also, love the happy pics of Josh. What a CUTIE!!