Sunday, November 1, 2009

Oct 31, 2009 - Eva's 5th Birthday.

"This has been the best birthday EVER!" exclaimed Eva last night before bed and this morning at breakfast. AWESOME!

Eva's birthday started off with posing with some pumpkins.

Oct31IMG_7045

It's been a little cold here lately so Eva was sporting the tights.

Oct31IMG_7044

We then went for a family walk to get some Gorditas. Our favourite breakfast food here in Mexico.
Oct31IMG_7054

Eva's loving the bean and cheese Gorditas.
Oct31IMG_7065

On our way back home after a delicious breakfast.
Oct31IMG_7070

Look at all the loot. Eva was very excited.
Oct31IMG_7081

Eva's new tea set.
Oct31IMG_7082

She loved her Little Mermaid card.
Oct31IMG_7093

This shirt was a HUGE winner. Thanks to Aunt Carolynne and Uncle Brian.
Oct31IMG_7095

For people interested in photography: I know this is Eva's Birthday post but I have to make a camera announcement. I've been struggling to get really crisp images. I'm sure a large part of it is operator error but I've been noticing that when I use my center focus point some of the other points are starting to faintly light up. This is not good. Or maybe this is great news because now I can justify my new camera purchase. After some thinking about moving to Nikon I'm going stick with Canon. (Mostly due to ergonomics, the D700 just didn't feel right in my hand) What should I buy? 7D, 5D, 5Dmark2....

Back to the gift opening. I realize this image is blurry but it's awesome. Eva was SO excited to open her last present and find this Koala bear inside...Check out the next couple of shots. So much emotion, so much joy...
Oct31IMG_7105

Oct31IMG_7108

Oct31IMG_7109

Oct31IMG_7118

Eva with her other favourite gift. Her new backpack...with wheels.
Oct31IMG_7132

Eva talking to Grandma on the phone.
Oct31IMG_7161

Eva's friend Xochi came over yesterday and brought her this Barbie/Ken set.
Oct31IMG_7168

Cake time.
Oct31IMG_7170

Oct31IMG_7177

Then it was time to go Trick or Treating.
Xochi, Eva, Lorenzo (Eva's classmate and our neighbour) and Micah.
Oct31IMG_7179

The kids and me trying some terrible off camera flash work. Gong. At least the kids are cute.
Oct31IMG_7185

Eva riding her broom into the night.
Oct31IMG_7189

What a great day and night. We were all exhausted by the time the day ended. I put the kids to bed at 8pm and fell asleep alongside Micah. Dana was waiting for me in the living room to come back after I put the kids to bed. I never made an appearance. I was done at 8pm just like Eva and Micah.

3 comments:

Jon Courtney said...

Nice photos Andrew....looks like a lot of fun. Go with either 5d version....they are amazing. You will love Full Frame man! Seriously. Obviously mkII you get the video option which is crazy awesome....but at a hefty price too.

I'm so glad you didn't get enticed by Nikon....the grass usually isn't greener over there :-)

Jon

Louise Chapman said...

Great documentation of a wonderful day! Love the photos. We are loving our 5D...that's all I'll say:) See you guys soonish!

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.