Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Eva's School Christmas Program

Today we went down to Eva's school to celebrate Christmas. I am so impressed with her school. The head of the school, Rosa, is always so friendly. She always makes a special effort to come say hi. And I always awkwardly wonder if I should shake her hand or kiss her cheek or should I call her "usted" (formal you because she's my elder) or tu (informal you). So instead of headbonking her (headbonking is my version of a kiss on the cheek...I always come in way too hot and then whammo I head bonk and black out for a second) I opted for the handshake and "como (tu) estas". Ahh, the social nuances of Mexico. I'm still a moron after 4 years down here.
Okay, back to the main story. EVA WAS FABULOUS!!!
Beloved 12 followers, my daughter was not only singing in a choir but she was singing in SPANISH. I must admit that my eyes were a touch watery.

Here is Eva in warm up.
Eva'sPosadaIMG_8542

The real deal.
Eva'sPosadaIMG_8548

All kids aged 3-6.
Eva'sPosadaIMG_8553

Eva back at her desk.
Eva'sPosadaIMG_8555

It's starting to get cold here. All the flowers/leaves are falling off the trees. This lone flower on a tree at Eva's school had caught Dana's eye for the last couple of days so I snagged the photo before it was completely gone.
Eva'sPosadaIMG_8558

6 comments:

Jon Courtney said...

dude....that flower shot is killer....nice work..

what's santa bringing your camera bag this year?

Andrew Willms said...

John, the little elves worked hard this year and put a 5dmk2 under the tree! I'll make sure and post images immediately after unboxing it.

Andrew Willms said...

I meant Jon. Oh, and I picked up the 24-105 lens as well. No presents for anyone else this year. Just me. :)

Jon Courtney said...

AWEEEESOME Andrew. You're gonna love that camera! and the 24-105 should make for a good all around lens with it. I expect to see some killer videos now too :-) Have fun Christmas day! Welcome to FF. no turning back.

Anonymous said...

So proud of our beautiful Eva!
Nana & Papa

Louise Chapman said...

Nice shots, Andrew. Don't you dare give my husband any ideas over the Christmas break...somehow when he's around you, he talks me into `just one more thing':)