Saturday, September 12, 2009

Parkage...

We went down to the park after our run to Starbucks. Oddly enough none of us ordered coffee. The kids rode the rides and I fumbled around with my camera.

The kids were very proud of themselves for standing up on these pillars.
I shot this with my Canon 10-22 lens. I really dig this lens a lot and would recommend it to anyone who owns a aps-c size sensor camera. It's a lot of fun.
SaturdayParkIMG_6147

A shot of Josh and Dana. (Bobbi was holding my flash off camera left) Dana looks amazing people. Day 12 and wearing preprego clothing.
SaturdayParkIMG_6162

Interesting that they have this little booth that supposedly sells tickets. However, everyone just pays with change and a guy comes over and basically hot wires the ride to get it going.
SaturdayParkIMG_6182

I love the translation. 1th Battalion...
SaturdayParkIMG_6181

The kids enjoyed this little airplane ride. There were 10 different planes but Micah wanted to ride behind Eva and not fly his own plane. He's awesome, he just loves his big sister.
SaturdayParkIMG_6171

Not very sharp but liked the perspective and Micah's reaction.
SaturdayParkIMG_6175

Eva and Micah are best friends. I love their faces in this image. You have to look for Eva's through the yellow window.
SaturdayParkIMG_6184

Very excite. I like this image. Didn't think this would be a good one when I took it but it worked out nicely.
SaturdayParkIMG_6188

Micah has bitter beer face in this pic.
SaturdayParkIMG_6191

I managed to stray away from the family for a 5 minutes to ask 2 guys to take their portraits. I'm getting more bold with the asking and don't care if they say no. It's worth it to get a good shot.

These two images were shot with my 85mm lens.
This was the ticket guy. I shot this in colour and processed it in Nik silver efex pro which I highly recommend. Not a cheap program but does AWESOME B&W conversion.
I like this guy's gold tooth showing.
SaturdayParkIMG_6172

I saw this man light up his cigarette from about 20 yards away and thought I'd missed a great shot. So instead of walking away I asked the man if I could take his photo with his dagger in his mouth. He had no problem accommodating me. When I shot this photo I was a bit nervous but after my first shot I saw a pole behind his head that looked funny. (Thanks Louise for the tip on your blog about foreign objects coming out of heads) So I quickly moved to my left a bit and shot him from a different angle. Making this adjustment is a big win for me and tells me I'm starting to see better.

SaturdayParkIMG_6204

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love looking at your pictures. They are always so great and very interesting.
Those are short fingers holding the cigarette.
Bill

Unknown said...

When I get old I'm gonna get a gold tooth.